Block Party Activity Kit
Block Parties have been as much of a staple of growing up in Bexley as Johnson's Ice Cream, The Drexel Movie Theater, 4th of July Festivities and Bexley Recreation Programming. As a child, the day your street holds their block party is one of the best days of the year. You get to ride your bike in the street, play games with the other kids on the street, stay out late and enjoy great food and desserts.
For parents, the block party is a great opportunity to catch-up with familiar neighbors and meet the new family that just moved in down the street. However, it has become more and more difficult for parents to find the time to organize these neighborhood events.
The BPAK will help simplify the planning and execution of your next block party!
165 N. Parkview Avenue
Bexley, Ohio 43209
(614) 559-4301 (fax)
The following items are included in the BPAK
- Soak n Wet – Similar to a dunk tank, instead, the water gets dumped on your head!
- Snowcone Machine
- Sound System
- DVD Player
- Projector and Inflatable Screen
- Yard Games (Cornhole, Croquet, Bocce Ball, Volleyball Set, Tumbling Timbers, Ring Toss)
- Play Equipment (Football, Frisbee, Playground Balls, Dodgeballs, Wiffle Ball)
- 6, 6' Folding Tables
- 2 Coolers
- 2 Beverage Dispensers
- 10'x10' Pop Up Tent
- Extension Cords and Power Strips
- First Aid Kit
- Instruction Manuals for Electronic Items
The BPAK is available for rental at the Bexley Recreation & Parks Department (BRPD) Office located in Jeffrey Mansion on the 3rd Floor. Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00am-4:30 pm. The calendar year for renting the BPAK is from April 1 of the current year through March 31 of the following year.
Rental Fee: $100 (due at the time of the rental)
BPAK Rental Requirements
- The BPAK is available for rental any day of the week by a Bexley resident, Bexley school group or Bexley Community Group.
- The BPAK must be used within Bexley City limits.
- Weekend Rentals (F, Sa, Su): Only one rental per weekend. Drop-off of the BPAK trailer will be Friday by 3:00 pm and pick up will be Monday morning.
- Weekday Rentals (M, T, W, Th): Drop-off of the BPAK trailer will be that day by 3:00 pm and pick up will be the following morning.
- Cancellations: All permit cancellations must be made 14 days prior to the BPAK rental date to avoid forfeiture of the security deposit.
All BPAK rentals can be reserved first-come, first-serve in-person at the Recreation Office one (1) year in advance.
Before a Block Party Application is issued, the applicant must receive signatures of approval from at least 75% of residents whose property faces the proposed barricaded area.
To download a permit application, please click here (link). Permits are granted through the Mayor's office, not Bexley Recreation and Parks. To submit your completed application for approval, please email Debbie Maynard (link).