Block Party Activity Kit
Block Parties have been as much of a staple of growing up in Bexley as Johnson's Ice Cream, The Drexel Movie Theater, 4th of July Festivities and Bexley Recreation Programming. As a child, the day your street holds their block party is one of the best days of the year. You get to ride your bike in the street, play games with the other kids on the street, stay out late and enjoy great food and desserts.
For parents, the block party is a great opportunity to catch-up with familiar neighbors and meet the new family that just moved in down the street. However, it has become more and more difficult for parents to find the time to organize these neighborhood events.
The BPAK will help simplify the planning and execution of your next block party!
Rent the BPAK!
All BPAK rentals are managed through Bexley Recreation & Parks registration software, MyRec. Please note that a block party application is not required to rent the BPAK for an event unless you are planning to close down your street or block.
BPAK Rental Information
A permit request for the BPAK can be submitted online at www.bexleyrec.com. A permit is not completed until Bexley Recreation and Parks Department staff has approved the request and payment has been received. The BPAK can be reserved up to one year in advance.
$100 (due at the time of the approved rental)
A credit card will be kept on file in the event any items are damaged or lost.
BPAK Rental Requirements
- The BPAK is available for rental any day of the week by a Bexley resident, Bexley school group or Bexley community group.
- The BPAK must be used within Bexley City limits.
- Weekend Rentals (F, Sa, Su): Only one rental per weekend. Drop-off of the BPAK trailer will be Friday between 2:00-3:00 pm and pick up will be Monday morning.
- Weekday Rentals (M, T, W, Th): Drop-off of the BPAK trailer will be that day between 2:00-3:00 pm and pick up will be the following morning.
- Cancellations: All permit cancellations must be made 14 days prior to the rental date to avoid forfeiture of the security deposit.
All BPAK rentals can be reserved first-come, first-serve in-person at the Recreation Office one (1) year in advance.
The following items are included in the BPAK
- Soak n Wet – Similar to a dunk tank, instead, the water gets dumped on your head!
- Snowcone Machine
- Sound System
- DVD Player
- Projector and Inflatable Screen
- Yard Games (Cornhole, Croquet, Bocce Ball, Volleyball Set, Tumbling Timbers, Ring Toss)
- Play Equipment (Football, Frisbee, Playground Balls, Dodgeballs, Wiffle Ball)
- 6, 6' Folding Tables
- 2 Coolers
- 2 Beverage Dispensers
- 10'x10' Pop Up Tent
- Extension Cords and Power Strips
- First Aid Kit
- Instruction Manuals for Electronic Items
A Block Party Application is not required to rent the BPAK for your event. If you are looking for a block party permit, information can be found below:
Before a Block Party Application is issued, the applicant must receive signatures of approval from at least 75% of residents whose property faces the proposed barricaded area.
To download a permit application, please click here. Permits are granted through the Mayor's office, not Bexley Recreation and Parks. To submit your completed application for approval, please email Debbie Maynard.