Members of the public who want to provide public comment at the upcoming City Council meeting are encouraged to attend in-person at City Hall. Those who are high risk for COVID-19, or those not fully vaccinated**, may register to provide public comment virtually by clicking here.
For those participating in-person, we will have chairs distanced apart in the lobby of City Hall, and we ask that face coverings be worn at all times, except when speaking at the podium. In an effort to adapt to public health recommendations in the future, Council may decide to change these procedures.
At the upcoming City Council meeting, the following items will be discussed:
- Resolution 05-21: Approving the 2021 Bicycle Friendly Bexley Plan
- Resolution 07-21: Confirming appointments of members to the Architectural Review Board; the Board of Zoning Appeals and Planning; the Recreation and Parks Board; the Tree and Public Gardens Commission; the Bexley Board of Health; the Bexley Civil Service Commission; and the Environmental Sustainability Advisory Committee
- Ordinance 22-21: An ordinance to place proposed amendments to the City of Bexley Charter for voter approval on the November 2021 ballot
- Ordinance 23-21: An Ordinance accepting the donation of an Access Easement, Conservation Easement and 1.175 acres of real property adjacent to and east of Alum Creek to the City of Bexley
- Ordinance 24-21: Award the Bexley Electricity Aggregation Program contract to AEP Energy, based upon the terms and conditions provided for in their RFP, as modified by the Board of Control
- Ordinance 25-21: Amend Section 1220.05, 1223.06, and 1223.08 to specify the membership, quorum, and majority vote of the Board of Zoning Appeals and Planning and the Architectural Review Board
- Ordinance 26-21: Amend section 262.02(e) to allow for the payout of sick leave to part-time employees upon termination from service with the City
- Ordinance 27-21: Appropriate $281,500 from the Capital Fund and $240,000 from the Refuse Fund for the purpose of funding mid-2021 Capital Projects
The following tabled ordinance(s) may be discussed:
- Ordinance 12-21: Adopt and approve the City of Bexley Electric Aggregation Plan of Operation and Governance, and to declare an emergency
To view current agendas for city meetings, passed ordinances, or to learn more, visit www.bexley.org/meetings.
** According to the CDC, people are considered fully vaccinated:
- 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine