Update February 4, 2022:
Bexley, we have an ice rink problem that is two-fold. We are not confident that we can bring the ice to a safe skating surface for the weekend and here is why:
- The combination of the warm temps/rain and the snow storm have unfortunately made the surface very soft and we cannot safely remove the multiple layers of snow, sleet, and slush.
- And just to throw a wrench into it, the tent that houses our skate and check-in has collapsed from the weight of the snow!
Those that have already registered for open skating on February 5 and 6 will be refunded early next week. We will continue to do ice management in the event that we can open more skate times in the future. All promotions for any new skate times will be via Facebook and email blasts. Thank you for your understanding.
The Bexley Community Ice Rink is back in 2022 and is ready for use based on the 10-day forecast! A special thank you to the Bexley Community Foundation for their support of this community program. Get ready for some fun on the ice, free hot chocolate, and music!
We will promote available time slots every Friday for the upcoming week if the forecast permits. We are anticipating opening the Ice Rink Jan. 22 – 30 if the forecast remains the same over the next 3-5 days.
Due to limited ice time based on weather and a limited number of skaters at a given time, this activity will remain for Bexley Residents only. If we are able to open it up to non-residents, we will promote that to the public.
- Registration is must be done in advance online and is by time slot per day.
- Maximum per time slot is 35 people.
- If you happen to be in the middle of registering and only get half of your family in because it closes out, please reach out to us at (614) 559-4300.
- Registration will close at 11:59 pm the night before each skating day.
- Refunds will take place if an advertised time slot needs to be cancelled due to poor weather conditions.
Program Name: Community Ice Rink WI 22 (located under All Ages Activities)
Visit www.bexleyrec.com to view available ice rink time slots.
- Ice skates will be available for FREE as part of your registration, however sizes will be subject to availability.
- If you have your own ice skates, we encourage you to bring them.
- Any rented skates MUST be returned after you are done skating.
- Adult sizes run in men’s sizes, so women may need to go a 1-2 sizes smaller than normal.
- Y6-Y9 Adjustable (limited)
- 10Y (limited)
- 11Y (limited)
- Kid/Adult (Sizes 1 – 13)
Thank you to the Bexley Community Foundation, Lee Harris Skating System, and Star Title Agency LLC for sponsoring the community ice rink!