As we wrap up our pool season, we don’t mind a little fur in the filter on our final day. Bexley Recreation and Parks is hosting Paws in the Pool on Tuesday, September 6, which is the day after the pool closes for the summer. The cost is $5/dog, and swim time is based on weight:
- Small Dogs (50 lbs or less): 6:00 – 7:00 pm
- Large Dogs (50 lbs or more): 7:00 – 8:00 pm
A signed waiver is required for entrance, which can be completed when registering online. Paper copies of the waiver will be available on the day of the event. Woof!
Paws in the Pool Policies
1. A signed waiver is required for entrance (done as a part of online registration). Owners must supply a copy of the dog’s current rabies vaccination and other immunizations. Or show a current dog tag detailing updated vaccination information.
2. Humans may wade no more than knee high as the water is chemical free.
3. If a dog starts to struggle in the water, the owner may then enter the water.
4. Lifeguards may also help you remove your dog from the water.
5. Owners are responsible for the immediate disposal of their dog’s waste – inside or
outside of the pool’s facility.
6. Dogs must be on a leash when entering and exiting the facility. This includes the parking lot and surrounding park! A leash should only be taken off if the dog is swimming in the water.
7. Your dog must remain under your control at all times. If the dog acts aggressively, please wait until the dog calms down before unleashing. If your dog misbehaves and bites another dog or another owner, the police will be called to file a report and the owner and dog will be escorted from the event.