Bexley's solid waste, recycling, and yard waste pickup service is provided through a contract with Rumpke. Trash and recycling is picked up on Mondays. For residents with alleys behind their property trash and bulk items need to be placed in the alley - recycle and yard waste are placed in the tree lawn. For residents without on alley trash, recycle, yard waste, and bulk items should all be placed in the tree lawn.
The amount of waste created by central Ohio residents and businesses is staggering. In fact, every resident generates an average of 9 to 10 pounds of waste each day, of which half comes to the landfill. With only so much landfill space available, it’s more important than ever that we reuse, recycle, compost or divert as much as we can.
Don't just recycle. Recycle Right.
Annually, Bexley residents send tons of material to the Franklin County Landfill. It's even more alarming that 76% of the material in the landfill could have been recycled or composted.
What Can Be Recycled?
• New in 2021! Plastic bottles and jugs (butter, sour cream and cottage cheese tubs as well as yogurt and fruit cups) are now acceptable in Rumpke’s curbside and drop box programs. For more information on this service expansion, click here to visit Rumpke's website.
• Paper and cardboard (Please flatten)
• Plastic bottles and jugs (Bottles and jugs that have a small mouth and wider base, such as shampoo bottles, detergent bottles, milk jugs, and soda bottles)
• Glass bottles and jars (All colors accepted)
• Metal cans (remove aerosol tips)
• Cartons (rinse and remove lids)
What Can Not Be Recycled?
• No plastic or foam food containers
• Pizza boxes with leftover food or grease stains (please throw in the trash if this is the case)
• No "tanglers" (Hoses, wires, chains, textiles, or electronics)
• No plastic bags (Return to retailer for proper disposal!)
• No cups (Coffee, yogurt, or party)
Keep your recycling loose and unbagged! This prevents further complications when being processed.
Available for purchase at Bexley City Hall, we offer residents three sizes of toters at a subsidized cost. We accept cash or check only! Once a toter is purchased, it is yours to keep. Forever!
Toter Sizes and Prices
• 96-gallon: $30
• 64-gallon: $20
• 48-gallon: $20
We have a limited availability of each size. Please call Bexley City Hall at (614) 559-4200 to see what we have in stock before making a trip in.
Toters can be delivered to your property for an additional $10, or, they can be picked up at the Bexley Service Garage on Delmar Drive for no additional cost.