May is Asian & Pacific Islander Heritage Month! Join Bexley Minority Parent Alliance (BMPA) for their Bexley Asian & Pacific Islander Heritage event: Connecting the Community for the Next Generation, on Friday, May 21st from 6:00 – 8:30 pm in the Bexley Public Library parking lot. There will be food trucks, Japanese drums, trivia, and more, and all are welcome to attend this public, community event.
“Meet Your Bexley Asian Neighbors” Video Project:
To help our community connect with their Asian neighbors, BMPA is asking for your help! If you are of Asian or Pacific Islander descent, they would like to introduce you in a short video presentation.
1. Make a 30-second video using a smartphone or tablet.
Your video may include:
- Greetings (or optionally, perhaps even saying, “Hello” in your Asian language)
- Share your name (first name or family name for families)
- Share your Asian country of heritage
- Share something about your Asian culture that you want to highlight (e.g., food, music, neighborhood, or people)
- Optional: send 1-2 photos that remind you of your Asian heritage
2. Record the video in horizontal mode. Please keep the video under 30 seconds.
3. Email video and photos (photos are optional) to Julia at firstname.lastname@example.org,
4. The deadline for video submission is Saturday, May 8, 2021.