Bexley's solid waste, recycling, and yard waste pickup service is provided through a contract with Rumpke. Trash and recycling is picked up on Mondays. For residents with alleys behind their property trash and bulk items need to be placed in the alley - recycle and yard waste are placed in the tree lawn. For residents without on alley trash, recycle, yard waste, and bulk items should all be placed in the tree lawn.
Bulk items are also collected on Monday, however, this requires advanced notice to Rumpke. To schedule a bulk pick up please call 1-800-828-8171.
Issues With Service?
If your trash was not picked up by Rumpke, please fill out this form so we can assist you in getting your materials collected. If you have issues with the online reporting system, please call the Service Department at (614) 559-4220. All misses must be reported before 2:00 pm on Tuesdays.
Available for purchase at Bexley City Hall, we offer residents two different sized toters at a subsidized cost. We accept cash or check only – please make checks payable to 'City of Bexley'. Please note that it is not the City's responsibility to replace stolen or damaged toters. Once a toter is purchased, it is yours to keep. Forever!
Toter Sizes and Prices:
- 96-gallon: $40
- 64-gallon: $30
If you would like to purchase a toter, please fill out this form. Completed forms and payment can be processed in-person at City Hall, mailed in, or dropped in the water bill drop box in the parking lot of City Hall.
We have a limited availability of each size. Please call Bexley City Hall at (614) 559-4200 to see what we have in stock before making a trip in.
Bexley City Hall
2242 E. Main Street
Bexley, Ohio 43209
Note: You may notice the price of toters has increased by $10. Delivery is now included with the purchase of new toter, and the Bexley Service Department will deliver toters to the address listed on the form. Pick up at the Service Garage is no longer an option.
If you have noticed any of your curbside waste was not collected on Monday morning, please fill out this form and we will coordinate a pickup with Rumpke or Innovative Organics Recycling directly. To view a step-by-step process of submitting a trash miss online, click the 'Online Trash Miss Reporting' tab below. Alternatively, you can visit bexley.org/reportamiss for details.
All misses need to be reported before 2:00 pm on Tuesdays.
- Trash/recycling must be placed curbside the night before your scheduled collection. Drivers may not return to residences if materials are unprepared at the scheduled collection time.
- Rumpke’s service includes collection of six, 32-gallon cans or bags per pick-up (may vary by service region). Cans and bags should not exceed 50 pounds. Please do not place trash at the curb in boxes. All boxes should be broken down and bundled. Rumpke is not responsible for damaged or missing plastic cans or lids.
- Please contact Rumpke at least 48 hours before your regularly scheduled collection to request a large item pick-up for acceptable large items, and/or excessive amounts of trash. Television sets cannot exceed 32 inches for curbside pick-up. Any mattress or upholstered furniture must be completely sealed in disposable plastic for removal. Additional fees may apply.
- Freon containing appliances require special handling procedures prior to pick-up. Please complete a refrigerant recovery statement and contact Rumpke for more details.
- According to Federal law, Rumpke is not permitted to accept batteries, tires, liquids, combustible materials or any items identified as hazardous.
- Bulky materials including drywall, concrete, bricks, dirt or rocks are not acceptable.
- Drums, barrels, yard and household containers are not acceptable trash containers and will be assumed trash if placed at the curb.
- Rumpke is not responsible for damage beyond the curb line.
- Landlords may be held responsible for service of rental supplies.
Items That Should Never Go In Your Trash
- Propane tanks
- Pool chemicals
- Lithium ion batteries
Residents can now report a missed trash, recycling, yard waste, or compost pickup on their computer, smartphone, or tablet. Previously, any resident whose items were not collected during the normal pickup schedule had to call City Hall to report the miss.
To report a missed pickup online:
- Step 1: Visit bexley.org/reportamiss, or click the 'Report a Trash Miss' button on our homepage
- Step 2: Enter your information, including an email address or phone number if your report requires follow up
- Step 3: Press the 'Submit Report' button at the bottom of the page
Once an online report is made, the City immediately receives the information provided in the form. From there, we'll be able to send the report to the appropriate service provider–Rumpke or Innovative Organics Recycling–for pickup. If you'd like to report your miss over the phone, that's fine too! This new service is not mandatory for reporting.
If you have questions, check out the FAQ at the bottom of the page on bexley.org/reportamiss. If you still have questions, give us a call at (614) 559-4220!