Bexley's solid waste, recycling, and yard waste pickup service is provided through a contract with Rumpke. Trash and recycling is picked up on Mondays. For residents with alleys behind their property trash and bulk items need to be placed in the alley - recycle and yard waste are placed in the tree lawn. For residents without on alley trash, recycle, yard waste, and bulk items should all be placed in the tree lawn.
Bulk items are also collected on Monday, however, this requires advanced notice to Rumpke. To schedule a bulk pick up please call 1-800-828-8171.
- Trash/recycling must be placed curbside the night before your scheduled collection. Drivers may not return to residences if materials are unprepared at the scheduled collection time.
- Rumpke’s service includes collection of six, 32-gallon cans or bags per pick-up (may vary by service region). Cans and bags should not exceed 50 pounds. Please do not place trash at the curb in boxes. All boxes should be broken down and bundled. Rumpke is not responsible for damaged or missing plastic cans or lids.
- Please contact Rumpke at least 48 hours before your regularly scheduled collection to request a large item pick-up for acceptable large items, and/or excessive amounts of trash. Television sets cannot exceed 32 inches for curbside pick-up. Any mattress or upholstered furniture must be completely sealed in disposable plastic for removal. Additional fees may apply.
- Freon containing appliances require special handling procedures prior to pick-up. Please complete a refrigerant recovery statement and contact Rumpke for more details.
- According to Federal law, Rumpke is not permitted to accept batteries, tires, liquids, combustible materials or any items identified as hazardous.
- Bulky materials including drywall, concrete, bricks, dirt or rocks are not acceptable.
- Drums, barrels, yard and household containers are not acceptable trash containers and will be assumed trash if placed at the curb.
- Rumpke is not responsible for damage beyond the curb line.
- Landlords may be held responsible for service of rental supplies.
Items That Should Never Go In Your Trash
- Propane tanks
- Pool chemicals
- Lithium ion batteries
Available for purchase at Bexley City Hall, we offer residents three sizes of toters at a subsidized cost. We accept cash or check only! Once a toter is purchased, it is yours to keep. Forever!
Toter Sizes and Prices
- 96-gallon: $30
- 64-gallon: $20
- 48-gallon: $20
We have a limited availability of each size. Please call Bexley City Hall at (614) 559-4200 to see what we have in stock before making a trip in.
Toters can be delivered to your property for an additional $10, or, they can be picked up at the Bexley Service Garage on Delmar Drive for no additional cost.
If you have noticed any of your curbside waste was not collected on Monday morning, please contact Bexley’s Service Department at (614) 559-4220, and we will coordinate a pickup with Rumpke or Innovative Organics Recycling directly.
All misses need to be reported before 2:00 pm on Tuesdays.