Beginning Thursday, June 16, there will be a few changes to the traffic pattern and parking restrictions on S. Drexel Avenue in the block between Main Street and Sherwood for the water main replacement project. North of Sherwood there will be Two Way Traffic. This notice only effects the block of Drexel between Main Street and Sherwood.
The schedule for the traffic control and parking restrictions are as follows:
- Thursday, June 16: No Parking on the west side of Drexel during working hours, 2-way traffic will be maintained.
- Friday, June 17: Excavation on Drexel will begin near Main Street, Lane Closures in effect on the east side of Drexel. Some on street parking will be permitted. Check signs for areas marked No Parking.
- Monday June 20 – Friday July 1: One Way traffic South Bound will begin on Monday June 20, and will be maintained One Way until Friday July 1. Lane closures will be in effect, some street parking permitted on the east side of Drexel, north of Sherwood. Check signs for areas marked No Parking.
- Friday, July 1: We plan to be substantially complete with the work on this block and reopen the road to 2-way traffic at the end of the workday.
- We will maintain access to businesses and residences during the workday to the extent feasible but there will be occasions when access will not be immediately available, particularly during water main installation with open trenches. This is usually limited to the area where the crews and equipment are working, and vehicular access may be available by going around the block from the opposite direction or by using the back alleys.
If you have any questions regarding traffic, parking, or any other concern you may contact the following phone numbers during regular working hours:
City of Bexley Public Service Department: (614) 559-4220 – general information
City of Bexley City Engineer: (614) 949-8102 – David B Koch, PE)
Danbert, Inc.: (614) 873-4677 x219 – Mack Rose, Project Manager